Ostend Old Cemetery (Jewish section), Belgium, Non UK

The municipal Cemetery in Nieuwpoortsesteenweg was called "the old cemetery" but has recently been renamed "Paster Pype begraafplaats'".

It opened in about 1852 to replace an older one situated within the town and closed in 15 Feb 1976 except for existing vaults with a concession.

A later cemetery was opened in 1918 in Stuiverstraat and has a Jewish section. The first Jewish burials there were in 1922.


 Thumb Description Status Location Name (Died/Cemetery Name)
Campeas, Neama nee De Leon
Campeas, Neama nee De Leon
Ref: JB280160 
Located    DE LEON Neama (d. 16 Dec 1920)
Horowitz, Maximilian
Horowitz, Maximilian
Ref: JB280163 
Located    HOROWITZ Maximilian (d. 17 Aug 1898)
Reinsberg, Bertha nee Elsbach
Reinsberg, Bertha nee Elsbach
Ref: JB280165 
Located    ELSBACH Bertha (d. 29 Sep 1894)

Copyright ©  2006 - 2015
Site created by G.Laws. A. Shire. All rights reserved. | This site powered by TNG